The Essential Rumi, New Expanded Edition
Paperback – May 28, 2004
A collection of poetry by the thirteenth century Sufi saint cover topics ranging from emptiness and silence to elegance and majesty
This revised and expanded edition of The Essential Rumi includes a new introduction by Coleman Barks and more than 80 never-before-published poems.
Through his lyrical translations, Coleman Barks has been instrumental in bringing this exquisite literature to a remarkably wide range of readers, making the ecstatic, spiritual poetry of thirteenth-century Sufi Mystic Rumi more popular than ever.
The Essential Rumi continues to be the bestselling of all Rumi books, and the definitive selection of his beautiful, mystical poetry.
- Quill & Quire 12/01/2001 pg. 16 (EAN 9780062509598, Paperback)
- Wilson Nonfiction Catalog 04/11/2019 (EAN 9780062509598, Paperback)
- Wilson Senior High Catalog 04/11/2019 (EAN 9780062509598, Paperback)
- Wilson Nonfiction Catalog 04/11/2019 (EAN 9780062509581, Hardcover)
- Wilson Senior High Catalog 04/11/2019 (EAN 9780062509581, Hardcover)
Contributor Bio: Barks, Coleman
Coleman Barks is a renowned poet and the bestselling author of The Essential Rumi, Rumi: The Big Red Book, The Soul of Rumi, Rumi: The Book of Love, and The Drowned Book. He was prominently featured in both of Bill Moyers' PBS television series on poetry, The Language of Life and Fooling with Words. He taught English and poetry at the University of Georgia for thirty years, and he now focuses on writing, readings, and performances.