Hebrew Illuminations 2020 Wall Calendar: A 16-Month Jewish Calendar by Adam Rhine
Calendar – Wall Calendar, June 19, 2019
The spirit of Jewish tradition comes alive in the Hebrew Illuminations 2019–2020 Jewish calendar, featuring images inspired by the Torah. Jewish artist Adam Rhine's stunning Judaic paintings combine modern aesthetics with the influence of medieval illuminated manuscripts and lettering.
- 12" x 12" wall calendar (12" x 24" open).
- 16-month Jewish wall calendar — September 2019 through December 2020.
- Each month features candle lighting times for Shabbat and holidays and biblical quotes.
- 16 months of stunning Judaic artwork by top-selling Hebrew artist Adam Rhine on your wall.
- The perfect gift for Judaica lovers and sacred art aficionados.
- Each painting is accompanied by text from the Torah that brings meaning and context to the artwork.
- Features both the Hebrew and Western calendars.
- We Plant Trees — Amber Lotus Publishing, an independent carbon-negative US company, has planted more than three quarters of a million trees since 2008.
- High-quality printing on premium paper stock.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of sustainably managed forests and recycled materials.
- Features US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important Jewish holidays.
This unique calendar features sixteen original paintings that celebrate the ideas of peace and love, including Shabbat Shalom (Peace on the Sabbath), Sheva Brachot (The Seven Wedding Blessings), Ema (Mother), and Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World). Each painting is accompanied by text from Tanakh (Jewish scripture) that brings meaning and context to the artwork. Adam Rhine uses watercolor, colored pencil, and acrylic to create the ornate, highly detailed Judaic paintings featured here.
About the Author
Adam Rhine has been creating ornate, highly detailed Judaic watercolor paintings since 1999. His style is heavily influenced by medieval illuminated manuscripts, and he combines that inspiration with modern palettes and aesthetics. Rhine's book, Hebrew Illuminations, is a collection of all 22 Hebrew illuminated letters as well as 22 of his most well-known Magen David paintings. It also includes art from his sketchbook and text descriptions of the meaning behind each design. Rhine's artwork illustrates the covers and chapters in the three-book educational series Celebrating the Jewish Year by Paul Steinberg.