1,000 Diabetes Recipes (1,000 Recipes)
Hardcover – October 4, 2011
An extensive collection of recipes from the award-winning series features a wealth of diabetes-friendly options for every meal of the day and is complemented by nutrition information, meal-planning advice, cooking tips and carb exchanges.
A giant new diabetes cookbook from the award-winning 1,000 Recipes series
This massive cookbook is packed with tasty, diabetic-friendly recipes the whole family will love. Recipes cover ever meal of the day and offer enough variety to satisfy any craving—from sausage pizza to strawberry pie. It's loaded with nutrition information, menu-planning advice, cooking tips, carb exchanges, and virtually everything else you need to cook and eat right for diabetes.
1,000 Diabetes Recipes covers everything from light snacks and sandwiches to hearty main dishes and delectable desserts. It offers classic comfort foods updated for diabetics, such as lasagna and pot roast, as well as thrilling contemporary flavors like Watermelon Salad, Vietnamese Tuna, and Grilled Chicken Breasts with Coconut-Cilantro Chutney.
- Written by Jackie Mills, author of The Big Book of Diabetic Desserts and a food writer, registered dietitian, and a recipe developer for national magazines such as Cooking Light and Family Circle
- The book features sections on vegetarian main dishes, desserts, breakfast and brunch, pizzas and sandwiches, and more
- Includes shopping, cooking, and meal planning advice
Whether you have diabetes or cook for a loved one who does, 1,000 Diabetes Recipes is the ultimate resource for tasty, diabetic-friendly meals.
- Series: 1,000 Recipes (Book 1)
- Hardcover: 656 pages
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; 1 edition (September 16, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470407441
- ISBN-13: 978-0470407448
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 1.9 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds