The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker
Paperback – November 16, 2010
Simple instructions guide beginners and intermediates alike through the entire process of creating fun and useful quilts that they will be proud to call their own. Original.
Quilting Basics with Modern Flair
- 12 quilt projects for beginners, confident beginners, and intermediates
- Explore different options for each project-make it with just two colors or scrappy, make it vintage or mod, make it soft or playful.
- Alternate colorways included with each project show you how swapping out fabrics can change the look of the same block.
- Learn how to cut, piece, appliqué, machine quilt, bind, and finish.
- Pick up helpful tips and tricks to stay organized and master the methods.
Try a fresh, relaxed approach to making quilts with this new "go-to" book. The bright aesthetic and clear, simple instructions guide beginners and intermediates alike through the entire process of creating fun and useful quilts that they'll be proud to call their own.
About the Author
Elizabeth Hartman is a self-taught quiltmaker and designer of modern sewing and quilting patterns. Elizabeth grew up in a family whose members were always making things, and she got hooked on quilting the first time she tried it. She loves the play of color and pattern, the orderliness of the process, and - perhaps best of all - the fantastic and functional pieces that are the reward at the end. Visit Elizabeth at ohfransson.com.