Complete Guide to Making Wooden Clocks, 3rd Edition: 37 Woodworking Projects for Traditional, Shaker & Contemporary Designs (Fox Chapel Publishing) Includes Plans for Grandfather, Mantel & Desk Clocks
Paperback – July 9, 2018
This complete guide to wooden clock making shows how to construct a wide variety of traditional, Shaker, and contemporary clocks.
- 37 projects for traditional, Shaker and contemporary clocks
- Step-by-step photo tutorial for making a Shaker coffin-style clock
- Includes a bonus pattern pack with project templates
- Projects include a color photo of the finished clock, measured drawings, front, right side, and top views, section views where needed, & cut lists
- Designs include grandfather clocks, mantel clocks, and desk clocks
- Beginner-friendly chapters on the history of clock making, clock components, and clock making basics
Learn how to construct a variety of traditional, Shaker and contemporary clocks with Complete Guide to Making Wooden Clocks, 3rd Edition! Plans, parts lists, and instructions are provided for 37 handsome hand-made timepieces, including stately grandfather clocks, classic mantel clocks, and modern desk clocks.
Author and clock collector John A. Nelson describes the history of clock making in America, and covers all the basics of clock making and clock components.
An expanded step-by-step project shows how to build an exact replica of a Shaker coffin-style clock. The rest of the projects include color photographs of the finished clock, measured drawings, and cut lists. Each clock plan includes front, right side and top views. All drawings are fully dimensioned and, where necessary, section views are provided.
This new third edition of Complete Guide to Making Wooden Clocks also includes a bonus pattern pack with project templates.
About the Author
John A. Nelson is considered a master craftsman by scroll saw enthusiasts and is a frequent contributor to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine. He is the author of 10 books about scroll sawing, including The Complete Guide to Making Wooden Clocks, 50 Easy Weekend Scroll Saw Projects, Making Wooden Baskets on Your Scroll Saw, and Inspirational Scroll Saw Projects.
John has spent thousands of hours at the scroll saw, authored dozens of patterns, and built some of the most beautiful examples of scrollwork to be found.